Nano + audio lectures vs Shuffle mode

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ps56k, Aug 3, 2007.

1. ps56k macrumors member

ps56k

Have a new 2GB Nano and would like to copy some of my audio lectures onto it.
    It's easy to do, just import and they get put into the "music" folder on the iTunes library... and then onto the Nano.

I thought I could somehow drag them into the library Podcast folder, but that does not seem possible.
    I did download a free podcast from iTunes just to see how it pops up in the library.

SO - how can I import audio files - other than music - into my iTunes library, have them stored onto my Nano -
    BUT not be part of any "music shuffle" ??

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

If it's an AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A, or MP4 (among others), then you should be able to import it into iTunes. What kind of files are they?

3. ps56k thread starter macrumors member

ps56k

I can import the mp3 lecture files just fine,
    but they get added into the "music" folder with all the other music.

My focus of the question, is how to manually import lecture files into the Podcast folder vs Music folder ? It seems that Podcasts cn only be acquired from the iTunes store... even if they are "free".

I don't want a 26min lecture to pop up in the Music shuffle scenario,
    but can't see any way to "manually" add these files into the iTunes library as Podcasts ?

4. calculus Guest

calculus

Before you export the file to your iPod try this...

In iTunes highlight the track and on the File menu go to 'get info', under 'options' there is a 'skip when shuffling' box you can tick.

5. invasian macrumors regular

invasian