Nano Busted, Good Stuff

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sundancekid, Jan 13, 2008.

1. sundancekid macrumors newbie

sundancekid

Well I removed my iPod Nano (3g) from its iHome base and it shut off permanently, It does absolutely nothing. So unless someones got some really good advice I'm gonna return it. Now the return is what really concerns me because I haven't been able to register the ipod because for whatever reason that wasn't working either. And I got it for Christmas from target from home which is where the receipt is also, I hope. But there is a Mac Store right near me so I was hoping to march in there tomorrow and get a new one hopefully. I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been asked but do the conditions of the one year warranty cover me in this case? Is there anything I can do to increase the chances of me procuring a new one? Thanks for any help.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Try plugging it in and running the iPod reset utility. That is unless your mac doesn't recognize it and mount it, in that case you can try and reset it yourself by holding the action button and the menu buttons together for about 5-10 seconds. If that doesn't work then call applecare of go into the genius bar. Make sure you book an appointment before you go.

Man there's a ton of crapping out iPods today aren't there? I'm almost afraid to plug mine into iTunes now.

SLC