Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Ok so I rang apple and asked them:

"Does the iPod Nano have a differend connection lead than the iPod Mini and the regular iPod?"

Answer:

"The iPod Nano had a different connection lead. It is smaller."

I then went into my local shop that sells Nano's and asked them the same question and they said:

"The iPod Nano has the same connection lead."

I need to know this because I just got a buit in interface for my car ( or my mothers car i should say :eek:) and my iPod mini and I need to know if my mother buys a Nano will it work with it.

So now that I am totally confused about this could you great people of MC answer me this Yes or No question:

Does the iPod Nano have the same connection as the iPod Mini?

( I already know that the mini and regular iPod have the same connection)

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
The leads can be used interchangeably. Maybe by smaller they just meant shorter. My nano lead is very slightly shorter than my 5G iPod lead, but other than that they appear to be the same.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Loge said:
The leads can be used interchangeably. Maybe by smaller they just meant shorter. My nano lead is very slightly shorter than my 5G iPod lead, but other than that they appear to be the same.

I see what you mean. They may have though I ment the lenghts of the lead ( for some strange reason).

Thanks for clearing that up! :D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Not sure if this would help, but they have the exact same dock connection, if that's what you mean. I just got my JBL OnStage, and there is no special adapter (aside from for depth) for the Nano. It uses the mini adapter with a "spacer" to make the Nano fit.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
emw said:
Not sure if this would help, but they have the exact same dock connection, if that's what you mean. I just got my JBL OnStage, and there is no special adapter (aside from for depth) for the Nano. It uses the mini adapter with a "spacer" to make the Nano fit.

how do u like the onstage, I ordered the the onstage II with remote.... I can't wait for the holidays to come.....ahhh ipod video, JBL onstage.... drool... :D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
puckhead193 said:
how do u like the onstage, I ordered the the onstage II with remote....
I love it - just got it yesterday; it was the II with remote. The sound is good for such a small device, and the remote is nice since it's apparently RF or something (it doesn't rely on IR for sure) and works from a fair distance.

And the thing looks nice as well, and allows you to essentially hook up any device that has a headphone jack (it hooks to the iPod through the dock, obviously) so you could use it as external PB speakers or something too.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
jimsowden said:
And what's all this "connection leed" business. It's called a dock connector.

Well now I know! Thanks :)

iGary said:
Yes, using all caps in your thread title is extremely annoying.

Sorry :(. ( but if you look closly, it's not all caps ;)... :p )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.