Nano + earbuds = travel case ?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ps56k, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ps56k macrumors member

ps56k

Wonder what you use - if anything - for a travel case to hold a (2nd gen) Nano + your earbuds ?
    We just got back from a weekend trip, and tossed the Nano and earbuds into a hardshell flip-style glasses case.... too big, but served the purpose.

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think the current (2nd gen, aluminum type) Nanos are too big, but when I had my 1st gen Nano, I used an Altoids tin for awhile, and yes, the Apple earphones would fit inside, too.

3. verydave macrumors newbie

Great iPod case from Pelican

I recently went looking for a case to carry my iPod (80G video) plus the earbuds. I also wanted a way to carry the USB cord, and the electrical adapter (I was traveling to Greece and wanted to have everything in one case).

I visited the Apple store and they had most of the usual cases...barely functional, in my opinion. They did have a hard-shellled case from Pelican, but it only held the iPod...no accessories.

I went to a travel store and found the ideal (in my opinion) case for my iPod. It's a Pelican model i1030 (go to http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=i1030)

It holds any iPod, as well as the plug-in electrical charger unit (in the bottom left pocket), the ear buds in the mesh pocket, and the USB cord in the lower right pocket. I was even able to stash my camera-to-USB plug under the iPod...which can insert at a bit of an angle for easier viewing.

The case was a bit pricey (I think it was $35), but it is well padded inside with rubber, and is also waterproof...not that I intended to drop it in the water. On the plane to and from Greece, I spotted a lot of iPods on board, and people walking past my seat commented on my case. Someone here in my office stated that Pelican cases are about the best you can get...photographers use them to transport their eqiupment.

Also...I purchased the Invisible Shield that adheres to the entire iPod...what a great product. It took a few days for the air bubbles to disappear, but you can barely tell it has a protective shield. It too was pricey ($24.99), but was well worth it. Between the Invisible Shield and the Pelican case, my iPod should last longer than the battery.