Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wailord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
[no capitalization done purposely]
Anyway, my birthday's coming up soon, and I'm going to start actively going to the gym, so I've asked for an iPod touch. It's obviously priced higher than the nano, and not as easy to run with, but...well, it's awesome.
I know the nano seems like the better choice, but I'll probably be using this more outside of the gym than inside. I'm all over the internet, which the nano (obviously) lacks...the only thing is, if I ask for touch, I'll have to wait a week or two (not too much) before I can buy it, as I'd just get a gift card to the Apple Store, and I'd come up with the rest. I'd be using videos and internet heavily, but I also know it's not the best to run with...are these touched THAT good, that I can put those problems past, and it's still worth the purchase?

Dimitryi

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
It really depends on what you are going to use it for and in what environments. The Touch is good for sitting down and enjoying some media somewhere where you can have it out in front of you. Obviously, it's also pretty good for people who have abundant WiFi coverage (it makes me wish I were still at college).

It's not really a good jogging/exercising iPod. I'd go with a Shuffle or Nano if you're going to be doing a lot of that.

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
Get a Touch and a Shuffle (it's not like it's that much more)

Shuffle for the gym, Touch for everything else.

Although there's not as much control, the Shuffle is a clear winner in this kind of situation due to its tactile buttons. And when you're busy jogging on a treadmill or lifting weights, it's unlikely you're going to be fussed about choosing exactly the right track - just set up a "gym playlist" and drag it onto the Shuffle before going :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.