Nano sim and imessage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hitemuprobbo, Aug 14, 2013.

1. hitemuprobbo macrumors newbie

Hi, I've just sold my iPhone 5 and bought an s4 and I just swapped my sim straight over. I receive and send messages fine but contacts who still have iPhone's are saying every message tries to send as imessage first until they say otherwise.

Is this because im using the same Nano sim or is it due to my carrier having me on an iPhone deal?

My friends are complaining n I can't find a solution on their iPhone's so must be my sim right???

I would ring my carrier for help or they close at 10pm (UK part timers) :p

Thanks in advance

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I know with EE the iPhone contracts are different. Phone up your carrier and tell them you have a different phone and they should update and send you the new phones settings. Should be all good after that :)

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I think because apples network still thinks your on the iPhone and using iMessage. I had this same issue recently after using a prepaid SIM card overseas. You're apparently supposed to log out of iMessage before swapping the SIM card to avoid this.

4. hitemuprobbo thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh right ok. No way I can log out of it now as don't have an iPhone 5i can pop the sim into. Hopefully a call to my carrier will resolve this.

Thanks for your help