Nano SIM Card Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by beeinformed, Jan 19, 2013.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have contacts stored on my iPhone 5 (which I got through my gmail account) and would like to manually transfer these contacts to the nano sim card.

Is this possible and what steps do I need to take to accomplish this? The reason I am asking if this is possible is that I am a first-time iPhone user and also not familiar with the nano sim card.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with this issue!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    You can't save the contacts to the iPhones sim.
    You can copy them to your computer using iTunes and then sync them to any iPhone.

3. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info! If I copy them to my computer using iTunes and then sync them to my iPhone 5, will they be stored on the nano sim card or on the phone itself?

I'm confused about this process and appreciate your patience in explaining this setup to me! Thanks! :)

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Once in itunes, they can be copied to your phone, and I think the option to copy them to the sim is still with us....Nope, just checked, you can only EXPORT contacts from the sim to the phone...Once they are in itunes you should be good though...once synced they will appear in your contacts folder on the phone

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The iphone DOES NOT store the contacts or anything on the sim at all.
    The contacts are saved on the phone itself in its internal memory.

6. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the clarification! The only problem I have now is that when I had transferred the contacts from my gmail account to the iPhone, it seems there are dozens of the same contacts that I have to delete.

Is there a way to delete these contacts as a whole rather than individually? Thanks! :)