Nano sim tray for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robertsmania, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Robertsmania macrumors member

I have a Verizon iPad and an Android 4G phone with an old unlimited data plan.

I like being able to swap the sim back and forth between the phone and the iPad to have wireless data on either and use the iPad as a hotspot.

From the pictures, it looks like the new nano sim has similar contacts to the micro sim, and like the mini/micro its actually compatible and only really different in the shape of the plastic surrounding it.

If that is indeed the case, I'd love to have a tray for the iPad that holds a nano sim and be able to swap that back and forth with the new iPhone...

2. Robertsmania thread starter macrumors member

I've confirmed that transplanting the nano sim from the iPhone 5 into the iPad with a nano/micro sim adapter does work. Yay, I can continue to get unlimited LTE on either device by moving the sim back and forth.

But the problem is that the nano/micro sim adapter is so small and fragile that I dont expect it will stand up to being handled for very many swaps before it breaks.

It would be ideal to have a sim tray for the iPad that takes the nano sim without needing an adapter...

3. rockstar72 macrumors newbie

This is an old thread, but I agree that a replacement tray that holds a nano-sim would be ideal. I also cannot find one of these trays. The adapter from microsim shop is great, but I would rather have a new tray made for the nano sim. It would be easier and faster to swap the sim.

4. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

5. rockstar72 macrumors newbie

Not sure, but the may be the same as from microsim-shop.com. They are also made in Germany. They securely hold the sim in the adapter.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

Why even bother mentioning that the adapter is stable in temperatures up to 250°C. At that point the device it was in would have failed. I guess when you need some way to sell a piece a plastic then you have to pull out all of the stops.

I am surprised that they didn't also mention that the adapter was also waterproof.