iPad mini Nano sim

Discussion in 'iPad' started by einmusiker, Nov 17, 2012.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Went to the fifth ave apple store tonight to check out the mini. I really liked it and was JUST about to pick up a verizon model when bam, nano sim. Not sure how Id even missed this but apple lost my money. I might consider getting it in the future and using it as phablet with talkatone but for now Im going to check out the galaxy note 2. Seems to me apple is sucking off the cell companies by changing sim sizes again. Annoying

2. i7QuadCoreMania macrumors 6502

that's a non issue, get an adapter on ebay for less than 5 bucks.

nano can adapt to mini sim or full size.

it's like a microsd card which can be adapted to mini or full SD.

I'd rather have something that's newer tech than the old FAT sim.

3. Baggio macrumors 6502

This such a non-issue it's almost funny. The have $2 adapters on Amazon that allows you to muse your nano sim in a micro sim or standard sim device. They also sell cutters for about $5-10, that cut micro and standard sims to nano sims.

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

OP's post makes me LolZ. Seriously, SIM size? Adaptors on Amazon for a few bucks.

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

You do realize that every country has micro sims now because apple put them into iPhone 4 and the same thing is happening with iPhone 5. Keep up or get left behind.

6. cang87 macrumors member

I'm from Turkey. In fact we have no official announcement (not even a release date) for mini and even iPhone 5 YET, nano-sim cards are available for every operator :)

7. hyteckit Guest

The galaxy note 2 comes with microSD and micro-usb.

Screw you Samsung! I want standard size.

Wait, no complaint about the lightning port on the iPhone 5?

8. rich2010 macrumors newbie

Maaaan, that should not have been the deal breaker; the fundamental reason why you declined to make that purchase.

Here in the UK, phone shops give you micro/nano sim adapters for FREE!

9. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I still don't understand how nano sim is a bad thing? :confused::confused::confused:

10. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

11. einmusiker, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012

einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

This is a problem for me because I already have to use a sim adaptor between my phone and my ipad. Phone uses regular sim, ipad uses microsim. To get the ipad mini i need adaptors for nano to micro and nano to regular. Too much hassle enough already

12. bogatyr, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012

bogatyr macrumors 65816

I imagine most systems will be moving to nano shortly. Might as well pick up an adapter now. Most kits come with micro to full, nano to micro and nano to full.

Bought 10 packs off eBay to make it easier switching company phones at work since each phone takes different sizes. Was a simple solution.

13. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I questioned it when Apple announced it.

It's a PITA to deal with, I went through several adapters (not just fit but I lost them) before I found Noosy on eBay and is it really necessary when Samsung/Others use the standard microSIM.

14. ollyb macrumors member

If you're constantly p**sing around with adapters then you're doing it wrong.

15. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Boom. My set of adapters (nano to micro, nano to full, micro to full) cost all of $1.98 from Amazon... Shipped!

Non-issue is right.