Nano speculation - size

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mikefly, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mikefly macrumors regular

Heya,

been reading some posts --
    new nanos after back to school ends.
    touch screen nanos a la iphone

--what I really want to know is.....
    ------20GB nano?

That's what I want.

Anyone have any input on this? -planning a trip in the fall and want a bitching selection.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Flash memory goes up in powers of two, so it will be 16 next then 32GB :)

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

No way is there going to be a 20gb iPod Nano, a Nano is for people who want a step up from a shuffle people who don't need video and dont have a huge collection of music. And if any iPod is going to get touch screen controls it will be the iPod and that will be a long way off because it would wreck sales of the iPhone because thats what people want from the iPhone, they want the iPod half of it. The next iPod nano update we will maybe see new 10gb and maybe drop the 2gb, No one can really predict for sure what Apple will do.

4. mikefly thread starter macrumors regular

hmm

beg to differ -- I have a fairly decent music collection, but prefer the size of a nano to a full on ipod.

Really don't care about watching videos, nor would the battery drain be worth it for me.

Essentially, I'm just hoping that flash gets small and cheap enough to make this a reality within 2 months -- I think that apple's learned their lesson -- if they don't fill a need, someone else will (hence the late-in-the-game shuffle)

Mike

5. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Care to explain how Sandisk had a 6gig flash player(months before 8gig was out)? Or was that one 4gig chip and then a 2gig chip?

Actually a 16gig flash player for many would be perfect(like me) as it the point of containing most of my stuff. Many like flash because it uses less battery power, and its more durable when running or when dropped.

6. mikefly thread starter macrumors regular

bumpety

so.. spec says no new ipods til x-mas..

seem sensible?

Mike

7. walangij macrumors 6502

until x-mas sounds like a great plan for Apple but we the consumers get the shorter end of the stick. I hope they update it right after the current college promotion is over, I really want a nano to use for exercising even though my shuffle is sufficient, the nike+ would be really nice. Anyone think that the battery life could improve past 24hrs?

8. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Seems likely with the iPhone release, it will give the iPhone 5 months to sell and become established.