Nano vs. Touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by palz, May 21, 2010.

1. palz macrumors regular

For no (little) reason what so ever, I bought an iPod nano 5G, blue. I already have an 8GB iPod touch that is really good (minus the fact that it was screwed new features and internals :p). I feel kind of guilty buying this nano because I just don't use it as much as I should.
    was it a huge mistake (and waste of 139€)?? I only rarely use it for camcording.

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

No, they should be complimentary. Two different devices for two different purposes.

If your sole purpose was to play music, then yeah, I guess maybe it was wasteful. Personally I sold my touch because I don't care for touchscreens and ONLY use my iPods for music.

Love my 5th gen nanos--all three of em ;)

3. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

different colours I hope? ;)

4. palz thread starter macrumors regular

I also have my entire media collection on my nano, and only my top 50 on my touch.

5. palz thread starter macrumors regular

Second that ;p

6. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

As puma1552 said, the two serve different purposes for different user archetypes. My wife has a 32 Gb touch, which she uses mostly for apps and games (80%), watching movies on long trips (15%) and the occasional song (less than 5%).

In contrast, I use my nano mainly for music (90%), and for occasional videos (less than 10%). I'm much more of a music lover than she, so the nano fits me great. Given the choice of a touch or a classic, I'd probably get the classic, so I could have more feature-length movies available.

The only iPhone OS-based device I have any interest in is the iPad 3G for Web surfing, and for me, I'd rather use that money toward a refurb MacBook.