Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
May sound like a dumb question but I'm honestly wondering. Do these look nice enough for an adult business man/woman to be wearing?

Hallivand

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I purchased one today (found out Steve passed away as I approached the Apple Store in Sydney, pretty spooky) and honestly it's great for anyone. As long as you have like a graphite or silver Nano with a black wristband you'll be right :)

Makes a great conversation starter too :D

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
That really depends on what band you get for them, there are some nice ones out there. I don't think the device itself looks like a kids toy actually looks like a pretty advanced watch.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I have a silver iPod nano on a NATO Military watch strap, looks very nice (have had a few people on the plane home ask me about it, they were surprised to find out it's just an iPod!).

I wear it with a suit or casual clothes, very handy if you thread the headphone cable down the sleeve of your suit jacket on public transport :)

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
This seems like too much money for a timekeeping device.

$129 is TOO MUCH MONEY for a watch?.. seriously? :confused: That's NOTHING for a quality timepiece!!..

ROLEX Submariner in Stainless is nearly ten thousand dollars, and it doesn't even play music!!

I am going to love wearing my iPod Nano, it's great for when I don't want to risk the ROLEX. The whole wrist watch angle is truly inspired, with several watch faces to choose from!

Last edited:

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I'm 29 and work for the Government. I wear my Nano with the LunaTik and it looks great. Keeps my music close since I don't want to kill my iPhone listening to music all day.

The LunaTik overall is probably the "classiest" of the bands that are out there but it is a little expensive.

Hex makes a few that look nice. The one with the metal band looks the best.

I have used a bunch of watch bands and the LunaTik is the one I stick with. I do also like the Griffin Slap. It was only 10 bucks on amazon and it is a slap bracelet with a ton of protection. I wear it when I skateboard on the weekends.

As for the price, $129 is nothing for an awesome watch, especially one that plays music. I have a couple of G-Shocks and each of those cost more than the Nano. Other than them being rugged, they offer less features.

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
Does anyone know of any good and/or classier watch bands geared a little more towards women? I think the LunaTik one looks really, really nice - for men.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.