Nano Wont show up...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by illegalprelude, Jul 27, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Hey you guys, question for you. I have my moms iPod nano that always synced up with my Mac. It used to have no problem and then my moms been on vacation for the last 2 months and now shes back and I plug her Nano and nothing. iTunes wont show it...The unit still has charge in it so I can see its working.

iTunes shows my iPod Mini and iPhone and AppleTV just fine but this is a no go. Ive tried plugging it into different USB ports too and no go. I cant see why the doc would randomly give out but i dunno...

Anyway to reset the Nano? or I dunno, any advice is appreciated

2. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

iPod Shuffle

Thanks for the Link Mad.

First, a Correction as its a Shuffle. Not sure why i wrote Nano.

But none of Apple's posted steps helped me out and the problem is, it wont show up on my Desktop or in iTunes. So resetting or reinstalling it from iTunes isnt gonna help if it wont see it....

I have all the current updates for Tiger and iTunes and again, I can even see the unit gets charged and ive tried all different kinds of USB ports but my Mac just wont show her...

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does it show up in Disk Utility? Can you try another Mac? :)

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

unfortunatly, no other macs to try it with and it wont show up under Disk Utility. I plugged it into my PC and the PC didnt detect her either...Im starting to lean on bad Dock but not sure how a dock can randomly go bad...

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

My old Dock did the same thing, which is strange 'cause it's such a simple mechanism it really shouldn't have any troubles. Stupid question, but have you tried it without the Dock? :)