Nano's issues shipping, delay beyond our control

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tigress666, Sep 12, 2010.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

So I've noticed a trend when people talk about tracking their nano, that they all seem to get a delay (people who had 2 day shipping aren't getting it til 4 days).

So, I noticed with mine (and I think some other epople might have noticed), that while in china there was a note on one of the status's saying "Delay beyond our control").

So I'm thinking a lot of nano's got this "delay". Which makes me curious what happened.

2. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

I had that also. It lasted for 2 minutes. It said in transit then "delay........". Two minutes later on the timeline it said in transit. Don't get it however it did not change the delivery date. Actually it is in town (Saturday night) and not scheduled for delivery until Tuesday. I hope it will be here tomorrow (Monday). I went to the Apple store yesterday and played with one for a while and I absolutely loved it:D. I listened to one of the songs that had been loaded and liked it so much that when I got home I bought two albums (through iTunes) by the artist.

3. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Heh, same here. Mine says scheduled Tuesday but it's at its destination sort facility. I bet they do ship it monday (would have been better for htem to do it Tuesday for me cause chances are no one will be here on Monday unless they deliver it in the morning).

Long as you don't have UPS, it should deliver tomorrow (UPS will hold a package until the day they promise even if it arrives at the facility they will deliver it from days early. Track enough UPS packages you'll notice that trend).

And yeah, I can't wait. I played with one at the store and it definitely seems promising (course only time will tell. I loved my fifth gen when I first got it but I have developed a few peeves I miss about my third gen, mainly shape and size).

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I had the same thing. I paid for two day shipping and it should have been at my house on the 10th. Now it won't be here til either the 13 or 14th :(

5. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Oo, oo, mine is on the truck, out for delivery, one day ahead of schedule, Yippee:D. Now I have to convince myself to workout after work rather than go home and wait for the truck. Decisions, decisions:confused:

6. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lucky you. It got to my destination facility today at 6:38 am but apparently not early enough to get on a truck for delivery :(.

So either they put it on a later truck (don't know if they do two runs) but that means I won't be home to recieve it or it comes tomorrow.

Which really means either way I get it tomorrow (unless some reason I can pick it up from them today, but I think I've heard they have to try to deliver it at least once).

7. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Don't despair just yet. Mine did not show "at local fedex facility" until 8:56 this morning and on fedex vehicle for delivery at 10:23am. You can always leave a pre-sign at the door if that makes it more convenient.

8. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Will they take a hand written one? I tried to hit the link to pre-sign but since my mom is the one who actually paid for the nano (and she's across the country), it doesn't show up when I log in to my apple account.

Or is there some where else I can get the official form printed?

Edit: And whadya know, the status says now on truck for delivery.

9. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Yea you:). Mine arrived at approx. 11:00am. Now I have to really force myself to workout after work, UGH. The official form has the order number and account information printed on it so unless you sign in under your Mom's account you can't get it unless you have a fax machine and she faxes you the pre-filled form. Hope you are home when it arrives.