Napping with watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by meeebee, Nov 29, 2016.

1. meeebee macrumors member

meeebee

Before retiring to sleep in the evening, I take off my AW to charge up. But during the day, sometimes I'll take a quick nap and forget that I have my AW on. I have occasionally been jolted awake by the Breathe or Move notification. Are there any suggestions, other than remember to take off the watch or put it in Do Not Disturb mode, both of which are not practical if I'm just nodding off to nap?

2. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

If you're asking if the watch will tell when you're asleep and mute notifications, then no...it won't. Which is a good thing if you accidentally fall asleep and get a reminder to be somewhere at a specific time.

3. meeebee thread starter macrumors member

meeebee

Yeah, I'm wanting the impossible. I want it to not wake me if I forget to turn it off or DND, but do wake me if I have an important meeting or call.

I could live with staying quiet, when it senses that I am napping (movement, gyration, etc) unless I have a specific alarm set.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

DND is your best option, and it's doing as you wish - not disturbing you. It's a simple swipe up from anywhere on your watch, click the moon, voila. You can even use Siri.

You're equally able to be woken up by notifications for any other app, such as messages.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Agreed. And Do Not Disturb is nice, because even if your Watch wouldn't display the notifications, it's a direct reflection from
    The iPhone.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

He could be right AW doesn't want you fall asleep while driving just in case :)

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

You can turn off Breathe and Stand reminders via the Notifications section of the iPhone app for the watch.

Would be neat to have a "nap mode", though -- block all notifications except the alarm and calls from your VIPs, for example.

8. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

DND does just a that

9. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Oh yeah, I forgot. ;) My notifications are so heavily filtered anyway.