Narcissistic blackbird alert

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by unid, Apr 22, 2009.

1. unid macrumors regular

So I have a deranged blackbird in my garden, I had a nest of them in the hedgerow last year I suspect it is one of these chicks who has returned.
    It appeared in February some time and ever since then has been ritualistically
    attacking the kitchen window. I think it's a safe assumption that it is attacking its own reflection. Now this wouldn't seem remarkable, however this bird fly with considerable force into the window and does it 3 or 4 times a day for up to 5 minutes at a time. Naturally it stops and flees when i appear behind the window. hanging things in the window hasn't stopped him even a cardboard cat made little impression as did an apple sticker. Will he get RSI or mild brain damage can blackbirds get alzheimers, do you think he might pierce the glass and fly in to attack my glassy iMac?

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Target Practice

A beebee gun will solve all your issues unless of course your iMac is due for an upgrade.

3. cube macrumors G5

Try putting some black predator bird silhouette stickers on the windows.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well if this bird is attacking the reflection, I think you don't quite understand what narcissistic means.
    ;)

5. unid thread starter macrumors regular

Oh Indeed from your point-scoring post i might surmise, that I doubt I know what it means as well as you.