Narcoleptic clamshell

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Robofunc, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Robofunc macrumors member

My girlfriend uses a lime clamshell for school and she accidentally spilled soda into the keyboard.

I immediately removed the keyboard and airport card and dried everything out as best I could.

I waited 3 or 4 days, re-assembled it and turned it on. It seems to be fine except that it is constantly going to sleep and waking up every few seconds, which makes it pretty hard to use.

I'm thinking there's some syrupy goo somewhere inside that's causing the issue, but that's just a guess. I really want to fix this iBook--any good advice?

2. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

totally feel your guys pain, that happened to an old ibm thinkpad of mine. Best suggestion is take it totally apart, (if you know you can re-assemble it) DO NOT TAKE IT APART IF YOU HAVE LITTLE EXPERIENCE!!! clean it fully and then boot it up, if the problem continues look for a new mac. Powermax and mac of all trades have some nice refurbished ones. good luck.:apple:

3. Robofunc thread starter macrumors member

Aha. I've taken plenty of Macs apart, but this would be the first clamshell. Are there any walkthroughs you'd recommend?

4. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

there might be others, but iFixit is always a good place to look!

best of luck, save the lime! :apple:

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik