Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
The problem with expecting private companies to help explore space is that exploring space is incredibly inefficient. It's vastly expensive and provides little profit that couldn't be better made on earth. Exploring space, like education, is one of those things we need governments to do.

Actually, the better schools tend to be privately run. But I went to publik skool.

As for the app, it has some great photos on it. I would love to see them add a webcam to the space station that takes picture of the earth from the station's current location.

wooo

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2006
Only addition I'd make is to have Google Mars and Moon in it.

I can't believe they didn't include the live mission audio stream. That is one if my favorite things to listen to in my own app, and would have been an obvious thing to include.

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
Only addition I'd make is to have Google Mars and Moon in it.

I can't believe they didn't include the live mission audio stream. That is one if my favorite things to listen to in my own app, and would have been an obvious thing to include.

I would like to see both included. I've gotten used to having to use more than one app for a lot of things though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.