Nashua, NH Apple Online Store stock status is inaccurate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frank33v, Oct 1, 2014.

1. frank33v macrumors member

So on Saturday I noticed that an iPhone 6 space gray 16gb verizon was showing in stock at my local apple store in Nashua, NH.

So I head over to the store and check status again...still in stock. The rep tells me that they haven't had any all day and don't think any came in but will check out back. After a few minutes she returns and tells me nope, none in stock, the website must be wrong. I left a little disgruntled but what am I going to do. I can't order online as I want a device only phone.

I decided it didn't make sense so I called and asked to talk to a manager. The person who answered said sure, but what can I help you with. I explained the situation and he said he would check as well. Came back and said he spoke with the manager and they had stock but it was for online only as they where saving them for Sunday morning! I asked if I ordered online if I could get it today and he said yes. I explained that I wanted a device only so couldn't order online and he told me the only time they sell device only models is in the morning so I would have to line up to try to get it. I was a little surprised so I asked...so if you had stock mid day to sell me and I wanted to buy it full retail you would not sell it to me? He said correct, we only sell device only in the morning.

Is this something done at all Apple stores or just mine? I never tried to purchase an iPhone full retail before.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have been to Nashua and Salem, and Boston. I have heard different things from different people. I heard something similar (as far as saving stock for a different day) from the Salem location store.

Bottom line is, checking stock online doesn't necessarily mean squat unless you place your order online for inshore pickup. That's the only reality that seems constant.

Oh, and launch morning in Nashua was stupid. There was zero order and they just picked a random guy from a sea of people to be first. Never again for me. That Apple store can keep their tax and shove it up their a**.