Nashville Green Hills

dsampley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Thinking about going down for the new iPad launch on Friday. Does anyone know what time the mall will open so we can go in and line up?

sullivan

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
I plan to head down too. The mall opens its doors at 5am.

Does anyone plan to go earlier? Any word on whether security will allow people to line up outside earlier?

scwinsett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Nashville, TN
Oh wow. 1am. I may do the same. I guess I'll head over there after my show. I haven't been to an apple launch since iPhone 4 cause I usually order online, but I couldn't get through for iPad 3

llj1137075

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2009
Oh wow. 1am. I may do the same. I guess I'll head over there after my show. I haven't been to an apple launch since iPhone 4 cause I usually order online, but I couldn't get through for iPad 3
I went to last years iPad launch, but it was at 5PM so a whole different ball game. This year I figure it's going to be fairly nice weather temperature wise so if I bring a fold out chair I should be fine for a few hours outside.

1am might be a little early, I think even if you showed up at 4 am you would still get one easily and be one of the earlier people in line. I'd say most people will show up between 5 and 8am.

scwinsett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Nashville, TN
I got to the iPhone 4 launch about 6, and was tenth in line for those who had reserved one. My friend had not reserved one and didn't get his until around 6pm

llj1137075

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2009
I got to the iPhone 4 launch about 6, and was tenth in line for those who had reserved one. My friend had not reserved one and didn't get his until around 6pm
I don't think it will be quite that bad for the iPad.
But I could be wrong, also you can't reserve them so it's first come first serve from what I understand.

scwinsett

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Nashville, TN
I called all the local walmarts and target stores. The targets in cool springs and in Brentwood will both be opening at 10 and 8 am respectively. Walmart stores don't even know what time they're getting the iPads. So forget walmart if you want to be among the first to get one

dsampley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
I'm here also, got here a little before 6am. I am down by the cellairis both.