Nasty Bug - IOS 9.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by andrewsjra, Oct 12, 2015.

1. andrewsjra macrumors regular

well I've been bug free for the most part with my new iPhone 6S. Until now. I was attempting to ask Siri a question and it wouldn't respond. The mic on the bottom of the screen didn't respond to my touch. I decided to turn Siri off and reboot my phone. That was a mistake. When the phone came back to the home screen, the apps popped up very slowly. I then tried scrolling through apps and it was extremely lagy. It was barely responsive and would freeze every 5-8 seconds. I did a hard reset by holding the home and sleep button until the apple logo came up. When I got back to the home screen it did the same thing. I was very frustrated and went into settings. After a few minutes I was able to get to reset all settings and selected it. Once it finally reset, my phone appeared fine.

I called and reported this to Apple care. The guy said he wasn't aware of any known issues with my phones symptoms. I'm hoping this was just a glitch and won't happen again or gets fixed in 9.1.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to my issue?

2. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

I'm referring to the mic on the screen to ask Siri questions. It didn't do anything when I touched it which led to all my other issues

3. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

did you notice your network or wifi signal going wonky? I had similar issues, next time just reset network settings and it should fix things

4. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure but I was stressing on how it was acting. I would also press the sleep button and my Apple Pay would open. Once I did the reset all settings, the Apple logo was sitting for a long time. My phones screen even went dark like it went to sleep. When I pressed the home button the apple logo screen came back on. The strangest behavior for sure. I hope it doesn't come back

5. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

If you double tap the home button while locked, the Apple Pay screen will appear which is probably what happened in your case.

6. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

the herky, jerky screen issue I think is tied to something going on with carrier or wifi network settings. mine happened right after the 9.02 update: 2x when I was reloading newsify (rss reader) and 1x on Siri.

everything immediately went laggy, a soft reset did not cure the issue, tried resetting network cause I notice my LTE and wifi signal indicators kept jumping between "searching" and full signal.

after the network resets I deleted and reinstalled newsify. so far no issues from the app or Siri

7. andrewsjra thread starter macrumors regular

Must have been the same issue then. I also activate wifi calling since AT&T allows it now. I don't know if this is also a culprit but every once in a while the wifi labeling next to my signal disapears even when connected to wifi. Looking forward to 9.1. Hopefully it fixes these issues

8. Oy_Kemosabe macrumors newbie

Oy_Kemosabe

I know for some, if you turn on the data assist (when wifi signal is weak, iPhone will automatically use data to keep signal strong) that this could be the culprit. I turn mines off to save data and battery.