Nasty thing called GOTOMEETING, ??? OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Valtsu, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Valtsu macrumors newbie

Hello,
    there is a nasty thing called GOTOMEETING. With this stuff you can share your desktop over the network between corporation firewalls etc. OSX has client for this stuff, but does mac has similar software, where mac is working like host??

Anyone???

With kind regards
    VT

2. jf8 macrumors regular

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I used WebEx this week. It's actually pretty nice. You can host/present on OS X, you get a couple of features less than Windows but it's very useable.

4. Valtsu thread starter macrumors newbie

Webex is very slow

I tried webex and it works, but very slowly.

5. Valtsu thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I'm looking for a Mac presentation host service myself. Any new feedback on GatherPlace? :confused:

7. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

OK, I tested GatherPlace with Keynote and it doesn't update the screen in slideshow mode. I contacted tech support to see if they were aware of the problem. :rolleyes:

8. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I highly recommend an app called Yugma (yugma.com). I have to do online meetings with clients several times per week and it works really well. A nice, light client (unlike that bloated crap required by WebEx). The best part of Yugma is... it's FREE for up to 10 participants. After having used WebEx and Yugma both, I can honestly say that I'd choose Yugma over WebEx any day - even if I had to pay for Yugma.