NAT and Xbox 360

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Brianmp007, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Brianmp007 macrumors newbie

So i didnt excatly know where to post this but i thought this might be fitting.
    So i couldent excatly find an answer to this question after hours of googleing and reasearching. Right now to connect to Xbox live like this

~wireless = ethernet
    Actiontec router/modem(verizonfios)~~~~~~ macbook=====xbox360

Right now my NAT is set to moderate and im trying to open it. Ive tried opening ports but there are so many ips/computers in the network settings i feel like it might be interfering. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be huge.

Another thing is that i manually set my ethernet ip to 10.0.0.1 and my xboxs ip to 10.0.0.2. This is obviosly not one of my ISPs ip adresses so should i change it to one that is in the DNS range?

PS I'm new to the forum and plan on posting here more. Just wanted to say whats up to everyone

2. flapperdink macrumors member

have you tried looking on portfoward.com? they have actiontec routers in there so it may be your router that is blocking the port. if it's your macbook, then someone smarter than me will have to help you. i have yet to attempt to share my 360's connection through my mac...i've always had it hardwired to my router.