Natalia Lafourcade - "HU HU HU" (2009)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DavidChavez, Sep 9, 2010.

1. DavidChavez macrumors member

[​IMG]

Now's the time for mexican singer Natalia LaFourcade with her "HU HU HU", that according to her "hu hu hu" has not mean at all and it's at the same time the 6th song on the album.

[​IMG]

If you knew her before this, you'll maybe know that she became famous in 2002 with her song "En El 2000" (On year 2000) and her style were not so elegant as now. LaFourcade was only 17 years when the single came out but she showed up us that with her lyrics (and petite height) she was already a genius.
    Natalia kept getting better on her style, she even had band called Natalia y LaFourquetina and they won a Latin Grammy Award on 2005 for their album "Casa". LaFourquetina also had time for cover some of Mexican greatest classics such as "Piel Canela" (Brunette skin or Cinnamon skin) originally recorded for another Mexican greatest pop-culture icon, the actor/comedian and singer Tin Tan.
    The band later dissolved in 2007 and LaFourcade went to Canada (my favorite country because its musicians quality) to learn english and sort of "forget about music", but she ended living among musicians and her love for music couldn't wait any longer and started a project about "an instrumental album" (she recorded an instrumental album already titled "Las Cuatro Estaciones del Amor", Four Seasons of Love) but a creative moment catched her and started writte and writte and...

[​IMG]

On of the first songs she wrote is "HU HU HU", that gives the title to the album and she wrote as a present for a friend, and talks about giving things.
    The first song on the album setlist is "Cursis Melodías" (Corny Melodies), and you can't believe all the instrumental strenght caught on the album. Julieta Venegas works with Natalia here.
    She haves a brass chorus backing her, in such songs as "Ella Es Bonita" (She's Pretty), my favorite song. She wrote it after a guy she liked left her for other girl (How is it that if don't have it you want it more? And if you have it you suddenly don't want it? (...) She's pretty, even if she's in bad mood and she's pretty even if she doesn't let you go). At the end some trumpets go all away with bass horn.
    My second favorite song is "Azul" (Blue translated to english, not to be confused with Joni Mitchell's classic) a 6 minutes long sweet melody, that talks about blue flowers and go away.
    Because she wrote the album in Canada some songs are in english, "Let's Get Out", "Running Too Fast" and "Look Outside", this one worked with Juan Son, ex-singer of alternative band Porter.

I don't know WTF is going wrong with embed videos, links downer

HTML:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7aPsaWByMQ?fs=1&hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7aPsaWByMQ?fs=1&hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzJfiopFzs&ob=av2e
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSmc280NDb4

LaFourcade, no more with her band LaFourquetina is backed here with some incredible musicians, such as Juan Manuel Torreblanca, lead singer and frontman of new-born band Torreblanca.
    She recently worked with spanish band El Canto Del Loco as backing vocals in "Contigo" (With You")

So, what do you think? She's been compared with Björk and Lilly Allen, even with some of her closest friends such as Ximena Sariñana. I think "she's pretty" and must not to be compared with those incredible musicians.

Related acts:
    Ximena Sariñana - Julieta Venegas - Juan Son - Torreblanca - Madame Récamier

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Strangest post ever... This reads more like a PR piece or blog post than something on a forum, weird.

I have no idea who she is and for some reason neither of the youtube videos seem to load so I can't judge her talent.

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1011472

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, it does read like that. The OP is on a roll today. Check out another thread he started earlier today. I guess he just wants to share with us these musical artists.

EDIT: renewed beat me to the punch.

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

DavidChavez do you work for a record label at all? I'm going to assume yes...

6. DavidChavez thread starter macrumors member

???????

OK, I get it, i'll stop posting things like this ones.
    Just because I say she's amazing (and Russian Red) I work for a record label?

I just wanted to show you the music I like, and excuse my writing style, sometimes (maybe always) I exceed.

And renewed, my head has been somewhere else recently, don't blame me.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

It's just strange both your posts follow the exact same formatting, a perfectly structured introduction, lot's of perfectly sized, professionally shot PR images etc.

I'm all for promoting independent artists, but just having PR marketing posted here is a bit different. If you're just a random guy who really loves his music, then go crazy, but maybe you should post this in the music section rather than community.

8. DavidChavez thread starter macrumors member

OK, I'm wrong

We're light years away the real topic here, Natalia's talent (or Lourdes, past thread). Do you even saw the videos or listened to her songs?. This is pathetic, now this on a way to become a flamer discussion, I don't think MacRumors forums are for that. No I'm not a flamer.

Next time I'll try to watch my words.

Schtumple: The pics are from Google.