Natasha Richardson dies after ski fall

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacNut, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Natasha Richardson, a film star, Tony-winning stage actress and member of the famed Redgrave acting family, died Wednesday after suffering injuries in a ski accident, according to a family statement. She was 45.

Richardson, wife of actor Liam Neeson, was injured Monday in a fall on a ski slope at a Quebec resort about 80 miles northwest of Montreal.

Richardson's family released a statement saying, "Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

According to a statement from Mont Tremblant Ski Resort, Richardson fell during a lesson on a beginners' trail.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/18/obit.richardson/index.html

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I used to work Ski Patrol at our local resort in NY, they may not be EMTs or MDs, but you should still take their advice. They are trained on ski-specific injuries.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh sh**.

I don't think I've seen any of her stuff but I've been keeping an eye on this story since it happened. Poor woman.

4. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

I remember the films she was in like The Parent Trap, Patty Hearst (The Film), and Maid in Manhattan.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The only film I'd seen with her was The Handmaid's Tale which I had to watch in english class last year, which, looking at her filmography, was probably the most 'unknown' film she did.

So sad :(

RIP Natasha.

6. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Wow this is horrible news :( I heard that she was rushed to hospital after the accident...this is terrible!

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I know this is sad, but I've actually spent more time thinking about her death, and what the heck happened that could have killed her. :confused: No visible signs of injury, and then taken to a hospital, then another, and then another? Surely transport like that couldn't have been good for her.

Perhaps it was a head injury? I've been on a beginner's slope in Tremblant, and they're actually quite steep. Actually, one of the things about Tremblant is that when it's really really cold, the snow is frozen on top, and it's hard for beginners (like me) to turn or stop.

Anyway, continue.....

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think the head injury is correct, seeing as she was in a coma and the delay it took for symptoms to show up (an hour or two).

Sad news.

Before "that guy" shows up, yes, this is getting more attention simply because her name is more noteable than others, but I as well as the majority of this forum share the same mentality when any death is brought up here.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

The way she died is drawing more attention then normal as well.

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

bizarre is what first came to mind for me

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

11. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yeah, this is sad news. I can't help but wonder if flying her from Canada to New York for medical treatment was more of a hindrance than a help, though.