Native Apps for iPad 2

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Dave Felix, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

How come the iPad iOS 5 doesn't contain the native apps iPhone iOS 5 does? For example, the stocks app, calculator, clock, etc? Im taking a finance course and could really use a free awesome app like the phone app only on the big screen. :mad:

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Because one's a tablet, the other is a phone.

People use far more data on a phone, so it makes more sense for it to have more options Pre-installed.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

This doesn't answer your question but there are free alternatives in the app store.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Speak for yourself. I (and many if not most) use far more data and Apps on my iPad than I do on my iPhone.

5. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

So you're saying a calculator wouldn't come handy with an iPad? Works perfect when I'm doing accounting for college.

Thank you!

Exactly, I tend to just use my phone for calling and texting when I'm home. I rather the big boy when I'm on the couch or in bed.

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The only time I miss the Apple "Stocks" and "Weather" apps on the iPad is when I swipe down and see a notification centre without any widgets.:(

7. VijayK macrumors newbie

Again not answering your question directly. But there are apps better than the Stocks application. I really like Blomberg's application. It is very clean and well laid out.

8. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I like CNBC more :D

9. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Some of these alternatives aren't free though. Calculators can range from $1-$5 dollars. What alternative apps are you guys/girl's using besides the Bloomberg and CNBC?

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's got nothing to do with iOS 5 in particular. Those apps have never been included on the iPad from the beginning. If you feel so strongly about it you can either find third party app equivalents and/or send Apple feedback.

11. Deschain macrumors member

I find the lack of the clock app, specifically the alarm, a huge annoyance on the iPad. 3rd party apps really cant replace the functionality of the alarm on the iPad. Yeah, I can set an alarm as long as I leave it running and don't want to use my iPad because it can't run in the back ground.

There are omissions like this all over the place when it comes to Apple on all their devices. They can be extremely ignoring and there is no good reason for them.

12. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19