Native apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stuffradio, Mar 31, 2010.

1. stuffradio macrumors 65816

I've noticed for quite some time that Apple's own apps drain the battery quite quickly. Anyone else notice this? I'm on an iPhone 3G.

2. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Do you mean compared to other non-native apps? Because all apps drain battery , and yes some more others. If I play my plants vs zombies, I'll maybe get 2-2.5 hours. But if you're using just the notes app or whatnot, it should last quite a while. Messages might use a lot of battery if you're on 3G maybe, but its pretty relative to how intensive whatever app you're using.

3. stuffradio thread starter macrumors 65816

It's a non-jailbroken iPhone.

When I use calculator, or iCal or any of the iPhone native apps they drain the battery quickly. I have bluetooth off too.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

How often are these apps fetching data (Calendar, Address Book, Mail)? For Maps, are location services turned off?

5. stuffradio thread starter macrumors 65816

I told Mail to only fetch data when I choose to. Location awareness is on when I'm using the Map. I use the calculator every now and then and I can see anywhere from 15-30% battery drop within an hour just from using the calculator.

6. Jenkins12 macrumors member

So how long does it last? And how long have you had your iPhone for?