Native battery percentage on ipt3g ios4

teforeon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Hello! I have an 3rd gen MC 32GB iPod touch and I cannot turn on the numeric battery on ios4. It doesn't has the 'usage' section on settings menu.

I had to use sbsettings to get it.

Any1 can help?

Thx!!

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
I've heard about the lack of batter percentage, it doesn't really bother me (I just use an app which shows the batter %) but has there ever been an explanation as to why this is missing? I mean, I seems like such a minor thing, that it might as well be included.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I've heard about the lack of batter percentage, it doesn't really bother me (I just use an app which shows the batter %) but has there ever been an explanation as to why this is missing? I mean, I seems like such a minor thing, that it might as well be included.
Apple claims that the battery does not support a percentage on older iPod's (even though it does). Probably coming in the fourth-generation iPod touch.

Gatorsxrule

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2010
Apple claims that the battery does not support a percentage on older iPod's (even though it does). Probably coming in the fourth-generation iPod touch.
Probably not, the iPod touch 3G came after the 3GS. The 3GS had battery percentage, and the iPod touch 3G doesn't have percentage it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.