Native calculator app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by mpfuchs, Nov 30, 2015.

1. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

Does anyone know of a native calculator app for the watch?
    I'd like to find one where you get instant feedback when you tap a number...

Thanks!

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502

Have you tried some that don't work the way you want?

In terms of native, app user interface elements (like calculator buttons) and the math done by a calculator are all done on the watch. It would be very hard to make a watch OS (1 or 2) app that did not do this. Native app or not should not impact the calculator button response.

Maybe you are seeing slowness of calculator apps to load when you start them? That can be improved depending on how the developer designs the app.

3. mpfuchs thread starter macrumors regular

mpfuchs

I honestly only tried one: "The Calculator" and when I tap a button, it takes a few seconds for the number to show up. Same with the +,-, = whatever...

4. CobraPA macrumors 6502

That's crazy, I can't imagine why it would be so slow.

5. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

I've only tried two apps with calculations but what the op is saying it true. Calcbot non native has a delay when pressing buttons. Amount 2 converter app is native and responds immediately.

6. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

PCalc is a great native calculator app and the keys have light feedback.

7. Mr. Thompson macrumors newbie

PCalc is good. If you use RPN you may want to check out RPN Calc from James Mattis. James has a long history of coding HP emulators for smart devices. I have both and prefer RPN Calc for the iWatch. Unlike PCalc all of the basic functions are on the main screen. The tip calculations included with PCalc I can do in my head. RPN Calcs unit conversions are available on the watch, very handy. For RPN on the iPhone or iPad, i41cx+ rules.

8. MarsIsNext119 macrumors newbie

MarsIsNext119

Plain Calc is native and features large buttons and overall good responsiveness. I´m using it a lot for work.

You can get it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plain-calc-classy-calculator/id964597598