NaTive Facebook app for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bobthecat23, Sep 15, 2010.

1. bobthecat23 macrumors member

When will we finally get a native app for the iPad I think we should of had one by now.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The current one is pretty close to native if you jailbreak your iPad and install Full Force and turn on the Facebook switch.

3. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

You can port an iPad app to the iPhone (with appsync installed) by editing a few things in two .plist files.

I wonder if you can do the same thing for the iPad.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Unless I've missed something, all iPhone apps run on the iPad (with the exception of camera ones). And the porting of iPad to iPhone, works for a very few apps that happen to have the iPhone binary included.

PS: Google iPad Full Force.

5. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I don’t think it is only apps that have an iPhone binary included.

And I know that all apps work on the iPad, but when you ‘port’ them, aspects (such as buttons and the navbar) turn from the iPad look to how they look on the iPhone.

This might be something to do with aspects that are the same UIXxxxxx for both iPhone and iPad but look different on both. I didn’t get into it much, but I did do this with the iWork apps and a few others.

It is possible that it would do the reverse of this with iPad version. Probably not though.

6. DaWeav macrumors newbie

DaWeav

The only thing of any use to me for a Facebook app would be notifications and alerts. So, I'm good just using the Facebook iPhone app for the 'limited' notification alerts and then use Safari to go to the native Facebook website.

However, does anyone know of an app that provides notifications when Friends post status updates to their Facebook walls? So far, it seems that both the Android and iPhone Facebook Apps do not support this. So, I am relying on the integrated HTC Sense on my Android phone which syncs my friends update status and display's those updates to me in the People App, but it doesn't alert me at all with any notifications if a friend updates their status.

7. Moomba macrumors regular

You could always use the touch Facebook website. http://touch.facebook.com

However, I personally just use the normal website in Safari and it is just fine by me except for all the ads. Frankly, I don't want/care about having notification pushed to me. Yes, I check it often, but I check it when it's convenient to me.

8. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Waiting on you to write one....

9. Gromet macrumors regular

Gromet

Use Social

It is WAY better then the native iPhone app. It it truly a much better all around Facebook experience and only costs $2.00.

It's MUCH more like being on the Facebook website then the old iPhone App.

-Gromet

10. DaWeav macrumors newbie

DaWeav

11. david77 macrumors regular

12. adityashah1989 macrumors 6502

Facebook needs to come up with a native app for the iPad.

13. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Been trying face pad + for the last few days. It's the only real iOS app that doesn't just reuse the mobile site, it's a real app. Still having a few launch bugs and missing a few feature that are coming soon but worth checking out. Free and paid version also.

14. adityashah1989 macrumors 6502

I would recommend you give Friended a try. It's the best FB app out there. It's a bit buggy, but keeps improving and the has the best UI.