Native FTP not working in X while Cyberduck does...?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Corrado33, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Corrado33 macrumors member

So, I have an FTP server for one of my classes that I'm supposed to drop of assignments in to. However, when I try to connect it via Finder and "Connect to Server", it'll connect and accept my password, but won't display anything in the folder, or let me copy anything to it whatsoever. It's like it's a locked folder that I need more permission to connect to, however I've already put in my password and username.

However, the FTP works when I use Cyberduck or Fetch just fine. What's the problem? I don't understand why it won't work. I put the addresses in the exact same way... And when I try to connect via safari it just says "You don't have permission to view this certain folder" Even though it's the same folder i connect to with Cyberduck or Fetch.

I'm in leopard by the way.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Finder cant write to an FTP server you have to use a third party app like Cyberduck. but you should be able to view the contents of the server.

3. Corrado33 thread starter macrumors member

Finder can't write to FTP servers? Wow, that's stupid... I wonder why?

Anyway thanks for the quick response. And if I can't write to the FTP server then viewing the contents doesn't really concern me. :apple:

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

im not sure why haha! you could always use Safari or use unix commands in Terminal.