Apple TV Native Hulu on Jailbroken ATV 2??

xjpsmithx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the native HuluPlus channel on a jailbroken ATV 2? I am not talking about the XBMC Add-on, I already use that. I am just trying to avoid updating and re-jailbreaking. I'm on 4.4.4 software. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
Yes, it automatically showed up on my jailbroken ATV2. I haven't tried it yet, but the symbol is there.

-t

xjpsmithx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Yes, it automatically showed up on my jailbroken ATV2. I haven't tried it yet, but the symbol is there.

-t
Are you running the most current software? I'm 4.4.4 iOS 5.0.1. I quess I'll have to update and rejailbreak....ugh, was trying to avoid that!

waw74

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2008
try doing a hard restart, (unplug for a bit and plug back in)

i Think most of the menu is actually retrieved from apple, with no connection to the net, you get computers and settings.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I have an ATV3 obviously jailed. Hulu Plus didn't show up for me until I updated the OS.
What do you mean atv3 ibviously jailed? Atv3s are not jb.

----------

-t
Where in what menu or screen did you find the symbol unless you have a jb 5xx av2. Mine is 444 and no symbol but its not worth uodating and rejailbreaking since it requires a subscription.

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
What do you mean atv3 ibviously jailed? Atv3s are not jb.
That's exactly what I meant. 3 isn't jailbroken, so mine is obviously jailed.

The OP was asking about whether he needed to update, so I said my stock ATV3 wouldn't get Hulu until I updated.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
Does the hulu plus app show the same content as the jailbroken xmbc hulu app? I was under the impression that native Hulu Plus apps like on Roku and iPad only shows some of the content, while the xmbc app mimicked the web browser version of Hulu plus.