Apple TV Native Hulu on Jailbroken ATV 2??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xjpsmithx, Aug 8, 2012.

1. xjpsmithx, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

xjpsmithx macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get the native HuluPlus channel on a jailbroken ATV 2? I am not talking about the XBMC Add-on, I already use that. I am just trying to avoid updating and re-jailbreaking. I'm on 4.4.4 software. Thanks in advance.

2. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Yes, it automatically showed up on my jailbroken ATV2. I haven't tried it yet, but the symbol is there.

-t

3. xjpsmithx thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you running the most current software? I'm 4.4.4 iOS 5.0.1. I quess I'll have to update and rejailbreak....ugh, was trying to avoid that!

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

try doing a hard restart, (unplug for a bit and plug back in)

i Think most of the menu is actually retrieved from apple, with no connection to the net, you get computers and settings.

5. outphase macrumors 65816

I have an ATV3 obviously jailed. Hulu Plus didn't show up for me until I updated the OS.

6. Nychot macrumors 6502a

What do you mean atv3 ibviously jailed? Atv3s are not jb.

----------

Where in what menu or screen did you find the symbol unless you have a jb 5xx av2. Mine is 444 and no symbol but its not worth uodating and rejailbreaking since it requires a subscription.

7. outphase macrumors 65816

That's exactly what I meant. 3 isn't jailbroken, so mine is obviously jailed.

The OP was asking about whether he needed to update, so I said my stock ATV3 wouldn't get Hulu until I updated.

8. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Does the hulu plus app show the same content as the jailbroken xmbc hulu app? I was under the impression that native Hulu Plus apps like on Roku and iPad only shows some of the content, while the xmbc app mimicked the web browser version of Hulu plus.