Native Iphone Facebook App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by janitorC7, Feb 9, 2008.

1. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Okay, Yes, I know that there is iphone.facebook.com

But, Am I the only person that is suprised that the iPhone Developers out there have not created a native app yet, I looked at dev.facebook.com and there seems to be enough information in the API's ect. to create one. I have some experence creating applications that work with facebook, but I dont know the first thing about application development on the iphone.

Does anybody know, first if there is a Native app that I missed, or if anybody is thinking about making one.

Hint Hint, if you have the ability to do this, you should :p

JC7

2. Manj27 macrumors member

^ I agree, I think a native app would be one quicker, and two can utilise a lot more integration with iphone features (i.e., i would love to use same photo features on iphone as on pictures within facebook albums). BUT, i read earlier (maybe somewhere on these forums), that an early SDK may have been passed to a major social networking site (now of couirse that could be myspace, facebook etc) - but theres hoping one maybe realeased after SDK is out anyway.

3. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I hate the iphone Facebook site. It's way too limited, and doesn't even allow you to do obvious things, like click on someone's e-mail address on their profile to send them an e-mail (sure you can send them a Facebook message -- but sometimes you NEED to send an e-mail. For example if they're at work, and can't go on Facebook).

I'd love to see a native app, but only if it was a bit more useful and had more things like the regular Facebook site does.

And while I know Facebook apps are problematic, I wish the more popular ones could somehow get integrated. Can you imagine Scrabulous on the iPhone? Actually, never mind! I'd never get work done... :D