Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DangerMouseUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Continuing to have issues with Exchange/EAS accounts in the native mail app on iOS 13.1

Do you have to try moving a message two or three times?

Or press send message once but see a couple in your outbox?

Any others that I've missed?

I'm really hoping they clean this mess up as its been like this across 13 and now 13.1

Brazenways

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2019
Complete re-haul required of this app. This appears to me that they are trying to be too smart with the gesture and behind the scene actions.

Reactions: SteveJobs2.0

skip02

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
Add: notifications, including sound/haptic, completely broken.

I have an 11 pro max and I set it up as a new phone when I got it and when I was changing the default sounds I noticed that the new mail sound was turned off by default.

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
I’ve tuned on the default mail sounds (odd that they off by default) and I still don’t get any sound when new mail arrives (my Apple watch is the same). This is the last time I update to a new OS - will definitely wait it out next time.

ahall52

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
Hi Guys,

Continuing to have issues with Exchange/EAS accounts in the native mail app on iOS 13.1

I'm really hoping they clean this mess up as its been like this across 13 and now 13.1

Similar setup & issues when it comes to deleting emails and syncing with Exchange. Any luck with a solution?

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
I have non-Exchange related issues with the Mail app in 13.1. I have three mailboxes (iCloud, Gmail and outlook.com) and whenever I click on the email notification on the lock screen, sometimes it opens the email itself (expected behaviour), other times it just shows the inbox.

And when I delete an email while viewing it, sometimes it just goes to a blank dark screen, other times it displays the next email in the inbox (expected behaviour) while sometimes it simply goes back to the particular account inbox (not All Inboxes).

The Mail app has been a **** show for me since iOS 12. I didn't think it could get worse in iOS 13 but here we are.

Complete re-haul required of this app. This appears to me that they are trying to be too smart with the gesture and behind the scene actions.
+1

• Sad
Reactions: katbel

JoshVB

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2002
I have non-Exchange related issues with the Mail app in 13.1. I have three mailboxes (iCloud, Gmail and outlook.com) and whenever I click on the email notification on the lock screen, sometimes it opens the email itself (expected behaviour), other times it just shows the inbox.

And when I delete an email while viewing it, sometimes it just goes to a blank dark screen, other times it displays the next email in the inbox (expected behaviour) while sometimes it simply goes back to the particular account inbox (not All Inboxes).

The Mail app has been a **** show for me since iOS 12. I didn't think it could get worse in iOS 13 but here we are.

+1

Similar issues here. I have an Exchange account and an iCloud account. The iCloud account is setup as the main account. When I receive an email message for my Exchange account and I tap the notification on the lock screen, I’m taken to the inbox for the iCloud account. The expected behaviour would be that I’d be taken to the piece of mail I tapped on from the lock screen.

There are numerous threads regarding issues with Mail app, it’s a buggy mess under iOS 13 and 13.1 and I hear 13.1.1 didn’t fix any issues either.
Josh

lansa

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Major issues with Exchange and notifications. Exchange has been unusable since iOS 13 and no better with 13.1. Audio notifications sometimes work, most often not. If they do work, I get them a few minutes after emails are received. Also, I've sent over 20 emails into the trash folder not realizing I hit delete with the button being right next to Reply. What has happened to Apple??

Reactions: smf72 and newellj

Aceroller

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2015
Had bad exchange problems with iOS 13, but much better on 13.1. Still a little slow to load the emails, but notifications seem to be working fine as well as previews on lock screen.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I have an 11 pro max and I set it up as a new phone when I got it and when I was changing the default sounds I noticed that the new mail sound was turned off by default.

Weird - thanks. I checked, and mine is turned on. Would have been a nice fix!

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
My X on 13.1.1 - Mail app always opens to one message in the inbox. It's a recent thing. I normally open to the Inbox with a list of messages. iCloud account only.

Odd.

370zulu

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2014
Has anyone tried 13.1.2 to see if it has fixed any of the issues? I don’t want to jinx it, but the alerting issue I was having is no longer happening. But it has only be an hour or so of testing for my XS Max and iPad Mini 5 with iCloud email in the stock mail app.

JoshVB

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2002
Has anyone tried 13.1.2 to see if it has fixed any of the issues? I don’t want to jinx it, but the alerting issue I was having is no longer happening. But it has only be an hour or so of testing for my XS Max and iPad Mini 5 with iCloud email in the stock mail app.

What was your "alerting issue"?

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
If I see a badge, I open the app then have to wait for for the inbox to load.
I also sometimes find myself in a specific account inbox instead of the combined mailbox when checking mail.
On 13.1.1

370zulu

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2014
What was your "alerting issue"?

I would have to manually check for mail intermittently.
Email deleted from one device would not delete from the other device (again intermittently even though I would rescan for changes within the app).
Occasionally, I would get no alert tone for new emails.

just updated to 13.1.2 on both devices within the last hour and have not had any of these issues since.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I would have to manually check for mail intermittently.
Email deleted from one device would not delete from the other device (again intermittently even though I would rescan for changes within the app).
Occasionally, I would get no alert tone for new emails.

just updated to 13.1.2 on both devices within the last hour and have not had any of these issues since.

I'm in the no alerts/no sounds for Mail and Messages. Unfortunately 13.1.2 has not changed that at all.

Caseynd

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
ND, USA
Hi Guys,

I also have these issues, iOS 13.1.1, non-exchange, iPhone XS Max. Super annoying that you have to open an email and then scroll to mark a message as read now too. double and triple deleting messages isn't helping either.

jibber4568

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2011
I've been having all of these issues since iOS13 release. After speaking with Apple I think I've finally sorted mine out. You may not need to follow the first steps as I assume it was the second onces that actually resolved it but this is what we went through.

First Steps
- Remove all mail accounts
- Delete native mail app
- Download native mail app from App Store (DO NOT OPEN IT)
- Restart phone

Second Steps
-
Plug phone into pc/mac and open iTunes (ensure iTunes is up to date)
- On phone hold down power and volume down buttons until iTunes tells you phone is in recovery mode.
- In iTunes click the option to update to latest iOS (even though you are already on it)
- After phone boots back up readd your mail accounts.

Hopefully they will all work as expected after this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.