Native resolution on external screen with MBP problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by KyleGP, Jul 23, 2011.

1. KyleGP macrumors member

Hi all,
    I have a Samsung BX2450 24" LED monitor with native resolution of 1920 x 1080.

My MBP is 15" high res antiglare with native res of 1680 x 1050.

I use my MBP in a closed clamshell keep in mind.

So basically in Bootcamp with Windows 7, when I choose the native resolution for my 24" monitor (1920 x 1080), the resoltion goes funny. It doesn't fill up the entire screen, infact it's like a windowed or lower resolution in the middle of the screen with blank space all around it. See the attached image for an example. Pretend the red border is the actual screen landscape but the black is where the image appears.

If I use the MBP screens native resolution (1680 x 1050) with the external monitor, it fills it up fine but because it's not native resolution, it's blurry and not that sharp obviously.

I've tried to figure out what to do, I've searched for hours, I can't find a solution.

Why can't I use 1920 x 1080 with bootcamp and Windows 7?!

Btw, yes I have installed the Bootcamp 4.0 software I downloaded with Bootcamp assistant.

Attached Files:

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

How are you connected to your external monitor?

B

3. KyleGP thread starter macrumors member

Via Mini displayport (TB) to DVI connector.

The DVI connector that came with the monitor is DVI to HDMI (in the back of the monitor).