Native Scrolling... Fine... Google Map Zoom Reversed tho!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BiscottiGelato, Sep 3, 2011.

1. BiscottiGelato macrumors regular

So I got my Macbook Air and is using Lion. Since Native Scrolling is going to default across all future Macs, I might as well get used to it. Fine...

BUT Google Map Zoom is now reversed! Not too sure if it's good idea to continue down the path of native scrolling anymore. Anybody using Native Scrolling here or is everybody changing it back to Snow Leopard style?

2. bushbabywas macrumors member

would be great if someone produced a userscript for greasemonkey or something similar that would reverse native scrolling for google maps, or on user-specified websites...

3. BiscottiGelato thread starter macrumors regular

Also can't seperate out scrolling direction of that of a mouse scroll wheel vs the 2 finger swipes. Native scrolling on a mouse simply makes no sense what so ever. I am giving up on Native scroll and back to Snow Leopard style. If Apple want iOS style swipes they definitely need more thought than just changing all scrolling to one way or another on all applications and all input devices. I'd put Native scrolling on the 'Fail' side of Lion. Good I can revert.

4. 31rhcp macrumors member

Does anyone know if this is still an issue? I just bought a new MBA with Lion and I am shocked to see that both the backwards Google Maps zoom and the mouse wheel have not been reversed. This is a little ridiculous.