Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Anyone pre-order this AW dock?

http://www.nativeunion.com/au/dock-for-apple-watch.html/#145

Which supposedly made with both aliminum and silicone, and and be used as normal vertical watch stand or night stand mode.
I seen previous Native Union iPhone dock has some weight to it, which is good. I am hoping this one will also have some weight to it to allow used in night stand mode safely in the night.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
this looks great. I was just about to order a griffin watchstand, but as i'm going away in a week and we won't be home til august... might as well wait and see what this one is all about!

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Just got my UN AW stand. It is build like a brick. It weights 1.128lb, and use very strong magnet attached top aluminum rotating "arm" to bottom aluminum part which is very heavy and fully covered with silicone. It is heavier than some of paper weight I seen, and will definite stay on the night table even when try to move it in the dark when reach for watch. 42mm AW also stay flush on the stand when in night stand mode.
Incredible high-end and very very well build. I say it definitely looks more high-end than my ElevationLab Nightstand.

NU1.jpg NU2.jpg NU3.jpg NU4.jpg NU5.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.