Naughty Dog Confirms cross game voice chat for ps3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Oct 14, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

this was a post made in the p3 forumsin respoindo voice chat in Uncharted 2

ReklissAbandon wrote. "Not to mention that the next PS3 firmware update is going to allow cross game chat. So if players use that instead of in game communication then they would also be able to communicate enemies positions."

once this post made its way across the internet it was "magicly removed" and sony respons was We dont respond to rumors and we know how that has been for sony the last year :D

http://kotaku.com/5381730/ps3-cross+game-chat-coming-in-next-firmware-update

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

A feature I couldn't care less about but if it gets the whiners/LIVE fanatics to shut up then I'm all for it.

Make it happen.

Bless

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I've been waiting for this feature since I bough my PS3. Go Sony! Do it!

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Needed for games like GRAW etc..

Anything that improves PSN is a good thing - likewise it means Microsoft have to better their service in order to justify the $ or drop the Gold Live premium.

It's win win for all.

5. dog24 macrumors member

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It means you can chat with your friend while you are playing Call of Duty and your friend is playing Uncharted for example. Before the chat was intergraded to game (which caused problems and IMO sucked)

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

That should help all 12 PS3 owners who have headsets.... /troll :D:D:D

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL.... Funny, but sadly fairly close to the bone....

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think people will be buying headsets when support for them is better :rolleyes:

10. dog24 macrumors member

How is that better? Someone is playing Uncharted 2 and says: 'guy is on the roof', and the other one playing Killzone 2 will be running all over the map shooting at every possible roof? :confused:

11. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

That was a bad example. I meant you can chat with a friend like how was your day etc while playing different games but this will also make the voice chat better for clan games like what you meant.

12. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

+1

If i wanted to talk to my friend i would pick up my phone.
    Its nice that Sony is giving us this feature, but i will probably never touch it. I wonder how the Live fans will rationalize $50 a year for XBL now? This is the last major feature XBL has over PSN, right?

13. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

The party chat on the 360 is great for having a “regular” conversation with your friend or deciding what game to play, etc. Not to mention, it goes across everything you’re doing so you don’t get signed out constantly while you and your friend change games.

I use it all the time to keep up with my younger family members. On the 360, it works across Media Center and Netflix too.

14. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

lol, What about CROSS.....GAME.....CHAT.... is hard to understand?

15. dog24 macrumors member

16. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

+1 as well. I see no real use for this. But, at least, it would give the whiners one less reason to whine. More features are always better, even if you would never use them.

17. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

all sony needs is a party chat hopefully this will add it to and Sony really can dominate in terms of online service

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yes, and by that time Microsoft would have added more communication options to Live. Don't kid youself here. You're paying for Live, they're not going to sit back and watch a free service overtake them.

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ exactly.

This will force Microsoft to improve it's service which is a good thing too. Why does everything have to come down to a glorified pissing contest?

Sony the next thing to sort is game invites and launching/booting of game once invited. That is a handy feature.

20. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Ahahahahahaha! Thanks for the early morning guffaw...:D

21. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

ANd when MS has added a new feature, Sony copies it to PSN. MS does the job and Sony takes the glory.

22. MacMonster1985 macrumors member

MS never added a new feature. All M$ knows is how to copy and badly at that. It's funny how many Mac fans are willing to prop up a failed console with subscription based online gaming. You're basically guaranteeing MS will have a monopoly in the next gen. Sony has a much better console. I would have thought Apple fans who cared about quality would have paid an extra premium to get quality hardware just like with a Mac. The more money you give them, the more money they have to buy out exclusives and likes. The more money they're getting in return for rushing a shoddy piece of hardware without getting punished for it.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Which is exactly why Sony are "copying" Microsoft here, and exactly why people are crying out for Live features on PSN. Microsoft did a great job with Live. The only downside to the whole thing is that it's not free, whereas PSN has so much room for improvement.

(http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=18218460)