Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyberGene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes (always?) when you slide your finger right in Safari to go back it jumps not to the previous page from the same website but to the previous website (if there’s one) or to the initial new tab screen? This started happening to me with iOS 16.

Reactions: sani_atl

sani_atl

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2018
Atlanta
Yes I thought it was just me. I usually swipe back when using safari to go back a page but sometimes it goes back a few web pages instead of back one previous page. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Reactions: CyberGene

CyberGene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
I just tried using swipe right, on my Xs max it goes to the previous page.

It's not a 100% reproducible thing. It probably depends on the website or something else. For instance, on the Facebook mobile website (I don't use the mobile app) I could browse through pages and use the back gesture. After iOS 16 it doesn't work anymore, it would directly return me back to either the previous website (even though I've clicked through 10 consecutive FB navigation clicks/links that should be in the history) or to the homepage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.