Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtltechguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Hello All,

I’ve been struggling with an issue for a few days and I’d like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I created a “Windows Based Application” which uses three viewcontrollers. I am using a navigationcontroller to navigate through the different views. This part has been successfully implemented and the navigation between views is functioning correctly.
UserViewController -> <- PackageViewController -> <-DetailViewController

My problem is that on the UserViewController I want to add a button that brings up another viewcontroller (InfoViewController) which will not have the navigationcontroller on it. I don’t want to add it to the navigationcontroller because entering information in the view will be optional.

Basically when the user clicks on this button a view will displayed where the users can enter information about the users (This part I have working).

This InfoViewController will have two buttons on it, a “save” and “cancel” button. After the users clicks on either button, I want to go back to the UserViewController. That is where I am stuck….I am not sure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
You may want to present the view that is not going on the navigationController as a modal view. This will allow the view to popup on a button click and then at the end of the cancel or save action you can dismiss the modal view.

mtltechguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Hi,
Thanks for the reply and I think you’ve pointed me in the right direction.

I will test this later this evening when I get home but this is the route I’m going to go:

//to load the view
[self presentModalViewController:InfoViewController animated:NO];

//to unload the view
[self dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:NO];

thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.