navigation based app help

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by falseblackbear, Apr 13, 2010.

1. falseblackbear macrumors newbie

I created a table view programatically, and the options both lead to blank table views. how can I populate these second table views with options that can lead to a text file.

please help, sorry, im not great at O-C

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The same way you populated the first table: provide an instance of an object them implements UITableViewDataSource to populate the table and UITableViewDelegate to handle touches on the rows and push the next view controller into the navigation stack.

If you don't know how to do this then take a few steps back and actually read the Table View Programming Guide which you should have read all of before starting.

3. falseblackbear thread starter macrumors newbie

should i place these in the second view control? (the table list that appears when you touch the first option on first table list)

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

:confused: You should be pushing a new view controller into the navigation stack. It seems like you have no idea what you are doing at all. I think you need to take a few steps back and read all the getting started documentation, the iPhone Application Programming Guide and probably more