Navigation table (with master pages) in InDesign?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Odd Morsel, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Odd Morsel macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

I want this navigation table to appear on every page with clickable hyperlinks when exported to a pdf. I'm just looking for an efficient way to do it.

For the home button, it was easy enough to create a button with the home text and graphic, and slap it on my master page. However, when I turn each bulleted item into a hyperlink and paste the whole table (grouped) into a master page, then export as pdf, the links don't work. The home button works fine (when placed on the master page), but the other links do not.

Anyone know a quick and easy way to create a list of hyperlinks with master pages?

2. shecky Guest

shecky

not sure why this is not working, i wonder if it has something do do with grouping the links first in ID before putting them on the master? also i wonder if you need to actually build it on the master page rather than elsewhere and then past it on the master.

so this is not the best answer: but a way to do this is to leave them with no links, export the PDF, and then make the links in Acrobat Pro. i know you can create a bunch of links and then select them and paste them onto the other pages. not as fast as making them once in the master page of the ID doc, but that would work in a pinch if you cannot figure out the master page solution.