Navigon 1.2 Screenshots :) (1.2 Has Been Submitted to Apple!)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Vandam500, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

[​IMG]
    iPod Control :):):)

[​IMG]
    Notice the Artist/Song at the bottom

[​IMG]
    That looks so slick!

[​IMG]
    Location Sharing!

[​IMG]
    Notice the Options "Announce Street Names" ," Safety Cameras" and "iPod Control in Map"

[​IMG]
    Can't Wait!!!

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. big samm macrumors 65816

when is this coming? hope it comes before the 69.99 price is gone...

4. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Well they say coming soon for Europe which then means a week or two after for US version. I suggest you buy it now! I have been using Navigon all week and its perfect:D

5. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

6. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

7. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Actually glad I bought BOTH Navigon and TomTom.

:)

8. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Awesome stuff.

Navigon sure seems to want the most features released as soon as possible.

9. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Yes they do!

10. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Me too have both (TomTom + Navigon) and it's great to have TeleAtlas & Navteq maps in one device.

Best of both worlds.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

12. malch macrumors 6502

Hi TomTom & Navigon users,
    I have a 3G iPhone without the data plan (too much money). I've been told on past threads that these GPS apps will work on an iPhone without a data plan. But I'm wondering if one of them would work better than the other.
    Any thoughts? (I know the TomTom has a cradle that boosts the signal, so perhaps this would help).
    Thanks, malch

13. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Correct. You don't need a Data Plan since both of them have the maps on the Phone itself. Without the TomTom cradle, I would recommend you get Navigon. However, if you plan on getting the cradle then TomTom would be your best choice if you want even better signal (Although both are working great for me without it).

14. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

i lose signal all of the time with navigon when i'm driving around in toronto. haven't tried tomtom yet but based on reviews apparently its a huge letdown and was not worth the wait at all.

15. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Does it still take 5 minutes for the app to get a GPS lock?:rolleyes:

16. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

GPS finding was always quick when I tried this app. Those are some nice additional features.

17. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Nope, almost every time is immediate for me, and those times it isn't (few and far between in my two vehicles), it's only 2-3 seconds.

I'm even able to get a GPS fix in my office (corner office, lots of windows) :D

18. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Supposedly the TT cradle will work with other 3rd party apps.....might be the best of both worlds to use Navigon app with the TT cradle...however, I still have a hard time justifying the price when dedicated GPS unit prices are so low now.

19. fasttech macrumors newbie

Is Navigon really that nice looking?

Hey all,

I am torn between getting iGO My way and Navigon. The screens I always see for Navigon for that 'Reality View' for interchanges and exits look awesome. Did they just select one that looked awesome, and most others are not so great, or do they all generally look that realistic with the city view behind it and all? All the reviews look like they simply use the images Navigon supplied.

20. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

aaaannnnndddd still impossible to read street names

21. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Uh, seriously?

Pretty sure those screenshots aren't the actual size of an iPhone, and yet I can see that the street names listed are "Harvestehude" and "Rotherbaum."

Feel free to invest in some glasses/contact lenses... :rolleyes:

22. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

Amen !!;)

p.s. Just used a complete iPhone holder and works great for the gps signal and the voice over the spkrs sounds awesome actually clears it up some what (not as scratchy):)

23. severe macrumors 6502a

24. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

@fasttech - I have iGO My Way and can tell you there's a difference between how each does the reality view. Navigon puts up a static image with the text for the specific sign and the arrows showing which way to go, replacing the actual navigation screen. It does not show the vehicon and stays until you've passed the point of the split.

iGO overlays the sign info and lane markers directly on top of the actual navigation screen. The vehicon remains active along with the rest of the regular information on speed, time, etc. I can't speak as to which way is better but to me although I love the look of the Navigon, I also wanted to see my vehicle in relation to the road, etc in the live window. You may prefer Navigon's implementation, but those are the differences.

[​IMG]

25. fasttech macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot FearlessFreep! That does make a difference, and I didn't know thats what Navigon did.