Navigon 1.3 for British isles out now

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by chimpboy74, Oct 26, 2009.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Just downloading all it said was uk postcode support. Will check out if traffic is there once downloaded

2. allonym macrumors regular

Seems to have the facility for in-app purchases but none are available yet

3. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for tomorrow to find out for myself. It's taking forever to download. The last updates didn't take this long.......

4. digbyp macrumors regular

Ny interpretation was - UK Postcode will be an in-app purchase

Update:
    Just updated and Extras NOT available, but PostCode and Live Traffic WILL cost to download and use! I needed an excuse to use only Co-Pilot and now I have it! Noavigon has been removed.

5. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I still havent managed to update:confused:

I knew that the updates would cost. I agree with paying for traffic (its a one time fee apparently) but I objected that they would charge for postcode - then I found out it would be less than £2 which I will probably just pay (despite having no issues with teh 5 digit search so far)

6. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Updated. Postcode add-on is £1.19 and traffic £14.99. Not found any details yet to answer if these are one-off purchases or yearly.

7. Scott56R Guest

Scott56R

No in app purchases available for me. :(

Attached Files:

8. BiggyG macrumors newbie

They haven't updated the Wester Europe Edition yet. So how can uk users who paid the extra to get European maps make use of the feature?

And I've just noticed they've dropped the price by £20 from when I bought it :(

9. PrinceDraven macrumors regular

Same Here

Looks like 1.3 has just given the ability to have in-app purchases, but the actual in-app purchases (UK Postcode/Traffic) are not available yet.

Think they could have done themselves a favour and described the upgrade differently as i was a tad dissapointed not to be able to purchase the postcode/traffic updates.:(

10. Scott56R Guest

Scott56R

I have just had this reply on their FaceBook page

11. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Finally managed to get the update (my wifi not the app causing the problem). and after all that dammit nothing available to download GAH!

12. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

course it has...whats that smell? oh yea...your BS

13. digbyp macrumors regular

I will excuse your arnachy and admit that after reading that which I said earlier, I may have led to mis-interpretation.

I have had both Co-Pilot and Navigon installed and have been deciding which one to keep and which to remove. Finding out that Navigon are now going to charge for 7-digit postcode search when Co-Pilot provide for FREE, I chose to manually remove Navigon.

14. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

7 digit postcode purchase now active for £1.19p no sign of traffic yet. It's not clear from navigon if this is just to be approved by apple or if it has even been submitted.

edit: tried to post screenshots but no idea how to!

15. allonym macrumors regular

Post codes half work - app uses full post codes but doesn't ask for a house number like other apps do to refine the destination.

16. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

When they announced the in app purchase update they said that the traffic and postcode addons would be a one off purchase.

17. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Yup - just found that. So, not only have I paid for a feature most other apps have but it doesn't work that well! Brilliant!

18. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

If I have understood navigons facebook page correctly that the in app purchase capability for traffic will be available when the EU version gets approved by apple (it was submitted at Same time as uk) however it doesn't appear that you will Actually get the traffic feature straight away is it appears not to be ready (please someone correct me of I have misunderstood)

traffic for uk will be a one time fee of £14.99 for initial period but will then go up in price.