Navigon: Address Entry

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AdiosVista, Feb 17, 2011.

1. AdiosVista macrumors 6502

Hello all,

I just bought the new iPhone 4 (verizon) and installed Navigon based on the great reviews. However, I must be missing something obvious because the app does not allow me to enter a custom address. Here are the steps I'm taking:

- Open the app and choose "Enter an Address."
    - Enter state.
    - Enter city.
    - Enter road.
    - Enter number.

The problem occurs on the last step. When I enter the house number, Navigon lists only one suggested address below the entry field and it is not correct (the house number I enter is 559 but it only gives me the option to choose 449). I figured I could bypass the suggested address and simply click the "done" button with my correctly entered 559 address but when I do so, Navigon automatically chooses the incorrect 449 address!

Is it really not possible to choose a destination address that Navigon does not currently have in its list of suggested addresses?? Please advise. Thank you!

2. LiquidZed macrumors newbie

I haven't encountered that exact problem before with Navigon, but you are correct, in that if Navigon doesn't know your exact address, then you won't be able to navigate to it (you'll just have to pick something close to it). That includes if Navigon thinks your address is in a different city than the one you think it is in, etc.

-Jason
    LiquidZed@gmail.com
    NavAssist for Navigon on the App Store