Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
A bit cheaper then Tom Tom's, good.

no integrated speakerphone, and no integrated GPS chip

Like I said dozens of times in the other threads. The reason the TomTom car kit is so expensive is because it has no current competition ( everything else is just a "mount" )

studio¹³¹

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
no dash mount? i dont wanna suction anything on my windshield. ill stick my w/ my proclip solution...

weezerr

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2006
I dont think it has been released in the US yet, unless you pay for it to be shipped here...

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Yeah, no big deal on this one. May be a nice mount, but there are a number of nice mounts.

mscofield

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
I got it through mail today, gonna test it tomorrow.
I'm curious if I need that gps chip of TomTom, don't think so though.
If I do, I'll be buying the TomTom.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
I got it through mail today, gonna test it tomorrow.
I'm curious if I need that gps chip of TomTom, don't think so though.
If I do, I'll be buying the TomTom.

Are you in the US? If so, where did you get it from?

mscofield

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
Are you in the US? If so, where did you get it from?

No, I'm from the Netherlands (next to Germany where Navigon is originally from).
I'm gonna test the car holder today, if anyone has any questions.. feel free to ask!

Stormbringer

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
No, I'm from the Netherlands (next to Germany where Navigon is originally from).
I'm gonna test the car holder today, if anyone has any questions.. feel free to ask!
Great, I live in the Netherlands too, and I wonder if the iPhone's antenna is strong enough over here or that we "need" the TomTom carkit. :)

mscofield

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
Great, I live in the Netherlands too, and I wonder if the iPhone's antenna is strong enough over here or that we "need" the TomTom carkit. :)

Hello dutchman,

So far I've got no problems with my GPS signal.. don't know how long the fix takes though.
I've been driving inside my town Apeldoorn only so far, but will be driving further away this weekend.
Bought it at smartphoneshop.nl

tboooe

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
This holder looks great. i just wish car kit manufacturers would design with iphone cases in mind. I think a lot of people use cases with their iphones.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
They submitted it a couple weeks ago. Why don't you ask Apple that question?
They submitted Navigon 1.3 for European versions within the past couple weeks. Not so for the US version, as stated from their own twitter account yesterday...
@NAVIGON_US said:
#NAVIGON #Traffic Live for #iPhone US is ready for submission. Current proceeding delays should be solved soon, stay tuned for updates.
12:49 PM Nov 4th from web

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.