Navigon keeps asking for itunes password

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TwoBytes, Apr 24, 2011.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

I thought this bug was squished!

I read about deleting and restoring app but seems like others have still had this issue.

Does anyone have this annoying popup with the latest 1.8 update?

2. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

Same problem with mine. Not sure whether it is associated with the recent upgrade, or the in app purchase for the traffic program I made at the same time. Agree it isn't a major problem, but it is annoying.

3. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Seem to have fixed mine.

I had the same problem after an in-app purchase of the 3D panorama. I seem to have fixed it.

First: Try the easy approach. Doubleclick and close the App Store (if it is open) See if this works. If not . . .

1. Sync with iTunes
    2. Delete Navigon from iPhone (note: deletes all your favorites!!)
    3. Sync again and reinstall from iTunes
    4. Need to redownload the inApp purchase. (takes forever)
    5. Navigon tells you to close and reopen.

Seems to work.

I did both the short and long approaches at once, so don't know for sure which one did the trick, but seems to be working.

4. xpower180 macrumors regular

xpower180

I had this issue since the most recent upgrade.
    I thought it might be because I'd downloaded the update from my phone (the update wasn't showing in iTunes store straight away).
    I had also edited the file to remove some countries map files, so thought that might be an issue.
    Deleting and re-installing made no difference... eventually, what worked for me was to delete it from the phone AND iTunes (selecting delete the file as well) then 're-purchasing' the app in iTunes on the mac.
    I tried it today and it didn't request my password, so hopefully problem solved!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

5. joggy macrumors newbie

Both my wife and I are having the same problem when Navigon is opened. Both also had in app Traffic purchase.

While I haven't tried any of the above fixes, I did email Navigon about it over the weekend. I have yet to hear back from them. I'll post their response if they do respond.

6. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

I also have this issue.

At first I was entering the password when it asked, now I just hit cancel and it seems to have no adverse effects.

7. joggy macrumors newbie

As promised...this is the meat and potatoes of Navigon's response to my bug submission for this:

"Regarding your situation, we can inform you that are aware of this issue, and we kindly ask you to be patient with us as we are currently working on a fix that will be released as soon as possible."

8. nutmac macrumors 68040

Thanks for the update.

Perhaps it's just me, but 1.8 also feels distinctively less responsive with even more frequent "GPS inaccurate 65 m" red error message.

9. 73driver, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

73driver macrumors newbie

Same problem here. I purchased Navigon without Traffic and had no problems at all. After I installed the Traffic feature-downloaded directly through the app- It now asks me for the iTunes password and as I'm driving the speed jumps from actual speed to 0 and back to actual speed very rapidly. This causes the map to stop moving and the move again creating an unusable map. Not happy! I'll try uninstalling as suggested by others here and post results. Installed on iPad2. Haven't tried on iPhone yet.

Okay, today 4-29-11, I reinstalled app on Ipad2 and Itunes, then reinstalled by downloading from Itunes and syncing. This did not solve the itunes password request, but happily, it did fix the speed/map jumping issue. I can handle putting in the password until Navigon fixes the password bug. Although I haven't had a chance to really put the app through it's paces, I am quite happy with the app. Much better than my previous 2 Garmin Nuvis.

10. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

It's back . . .

I thought I had this fixed, but after a few days Navigon is again asking for my iTunes password. Not a big deal, as I just hit cancel, but would appreciate a fix.

11. eh270 macrumors regular

Yep, I did the pain-in-the-butt-start-over-from-scratch fix and it worked for a little while but the nag came back.

Grr!

12. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

They have a message in the app now that says that they are aware of the issue and have issued an update to Apple to fix the problem.

13. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

I just noticed that there is an app update and it says that it fixes this problem.

14. nutmac macrumors 68040

Seems to be fixed here. But the app still has both performance and GPS locking issues.

15. bhstone1 macrumors newbie

I also have this problem. It seems to to happen more often when I get a text message. It's super annoying. No updates available. Any thoughts on how to remedy it? Navigon's website is lousy and their support non-existent.

16. Moja macrumors newbie

Same problem here

After replacing a broken iPhone with a new iPhone 4 Navigon kept asking me my iTune pwd every time i started it. Navigon version 1.8.2 Europe. after installing traffic Live en panoramaview, it keeps asking me. I did reinstall it after deleting it from my iPhone (and even from iTunes). After reinstalling the problem was there gain!

Anybody knows how to fix this?

17. Markarian421 macrumors member

Markarian421

I just purchased it, and purchased the traffic as well, and it has been asking for the password every time I start. So apparently the newest version doesn't fix the problem.