Navigon MobileNavigator 1.1 Released!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iSimon, Jul 23, 2009.

1. iSimon macrumors regular

The July update has arrived on the App Store (for the British Isles version at least - guess the other versions will follow shortly too).

2. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Navigon need to make their interface better in my opinion. It just does not look like a proper sat nav to me

3. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

It's the best one out there at the moment. I would just like to see full postcode support to begin with.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

+1 on both parts
    some people (like me) like the navigon interface, others hate it and prefer something like sygic, which i personally think looks awful
    [​IMG]

5. Renderz macrumors 6502

I'm keep a close eye on both apps. At the moment, just based on reviews, I am favouring the Sygic because of the Full Postcode feature.

With regards to interface, that screenshot is used by Sygic to show all the POI features available. I've seen demos where if all that is switched off it looks much cleaner and less cluttered.

6. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

Ive had the chance to test both apps and I must say the navigon is a much cleaner UI and the gps seems alot more accurate and smooth. My money went with the navigon looking foward to this update! shame my internet is so sloooooooow :mad:

7. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I'm confused. I have the European version and have been waiting for update. I have had no notification on app store that it is out. However reviews are talking about the update and say they are for 1.1. I checked my version and it is still 1.0

fir various reasons I got a refund on the app but have kept it. Is thus why I see no update?

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

Yes, and how did you get a refund? You effectively revoked your license for the software through the refund.

9. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I guess that makes sense.

Like I said various reasons that I wasn't happy about.

10. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ok cool. I wish mine would correctly indentify my position :/

11. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

12. army91c macrumors 6502a

I tried out both last night and thought sygic was a bit better overall. Sticking with sygic for now.