Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
Regional versions of Navigon w/ in-app Traffic option.

Probably a good idea for many ... especially those who want to lower entry price.

Introductory priced at $24.99 ... limited time, no end date mentioned.

MyRegion options: West / Central / East

[app]Navigon MyRegion[/app]

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
I'm trying to figure out exactly what you get for $24.99 that you don't have already ..... and if Navigon is going to planning on doing more updates with added features to the existing app or is this the "update" and they want another 25 dollars of my money.

navguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
if you own Navigon North America already, do not purchase.

this is for people who don't currently own Navigon and only want a portion of the US Maps (regional) ... and allows for a lower cost to purchase.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
That is pretty awesome. I wish I could get a refund and just get the West portion for where I live.

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
I have Navigon's full map and am satisfied, but was interesting in that "in theory" one of the regions would be 1/3 of the application size and free up 1gb. Which would be interesting. But it looks like the download is really the full maps and you are just locked out of the other regions until you do in-app purchases. Bummer.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
This apparently has the MyRoutes feature that will be in 1.5 as well.

I wonder if this includes the up to date maps,or the 1 year old maps in the full version.

navguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
... probably the same maps as NA version since it sounds like they'll keep it in lock-step w/ the NA version ... but i sure hope a newer map comes thru soon. travelled on a 1.5yr old highway this last weekend, and Navigon had me going through the corn fields ... the newest Navteq map has highway properly placed.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Just saw this on TUAW and finally made the plunge. I told my wife that I wouldn't buy any navigation software until I could get a quality, name-brand app for under $35. This fits the bill! Plus the add-ons are super cheap--$12.99 for each region? That makes it $50.97 for the U.S. I love how huge my region seems to be in the midwest. Covers everything from Colorado to Ohio. Being a college student, that's my normal range anyway, aside from Florida. Though I won't be going down there until next year so later I can pick up the east coast if I need to. I also love how they overlap the states in each region so that people who would be borderline don't get completely screwed over and can pick which side suits them best.

Good work Navigon! Too bad the app is so huge though. I wish the file size was only 1/3 normal. I also wish I could download over 3g. My cable internet has been sucking again today around 500kbps when I'm paying for 12mbps. AT&T runs between 3 to 5mbps around here. Hopefully my app is installed by morning. I'm excited to play with it!

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've been through quite a few nav apps (App Store and Cydia) and Navigon is by far the best.

This is a steal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.