Navigon Question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SporkLover, Nov 26, 2011.

1. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Hello All,

I am ready to invest in a offline navigation program for my iDevices. I've done my research on this forum, and I am nearing information paralysis........

One thing I am unsure about is if I purchase the Navigon US app..... can I purchase other country maps within the app... or do I have to download (buy) the other Navigon Apps?

In particular I am wanting the US, but I want to be able to buy a few European maps as well (I regularly travel there). If the answer is yes, then hallelujah.

Follow up question..... is it more economical to buy additional maps in app, or to buy the other app through iTunes?

Thanks !

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I've been using Navigon for a long time and I don't see where you can purchase bolt-on maps for other regions. I think the best you can do is track the sale prices and by the "other location" apps while they're cheap. That said, the past few days were cheap for US apps, but not other regions. Use appshopper.com to see the pricing cycles.

An alternative might be to use one of the GPS apps with a different pricing model, one that's better for trips instead of constant usage.

3. SporkLover thread starter macrumors 6502

Kadman,

I just purchased both based on your input. Unfortunately I can't just add maps to one app :(. Good news is the software is solid.

Thanks again.